Mini bath eliminates the threat of infection. Therefore swimming is appropriate immediately after birth, when the parent(s) and baby are ready, in order to support sensomotoric development in a familiar water environment. We will use a swimming ring which enables the baby to move freely in the water without influence from gravity. The baby can independently try out and learn movements. Before coming out of the water, the instructor also helps the baby to swim in order to support and develop the potential hiding in this small body. We recommend doing this consistently, because the baby’s motoric memory is developing and relies on what it has learned before.
After a few months of swimming in the mini bath, it is recommended to continue in a slightly bigger pool where the baby has more room and freedom needed for further development. And most importantly, babies can learn together at their own pace. Every little wave creates a wonderful environment to develop body balance and coordination, which in turn contributes to the further capability to crawl, walk, and swim.
We recommend swimming in the mini bath for babies aged 0-6 months, depending on the size of the child (usually up to 65-70cm or 6-7kg). Water therapy in a small pool is for babies from 3 months of age. Only three babies can participate at a time (in both, mini bath and pool therapy)
Benefits of water therapy:
- The floating sensation in warm water makes the baby calm
- The gentle pressure of water increases the strength of bones and joints
- Moving through the water is a positive influence on the digestive tract and blood circulation.
- The small pressure of water on the chest strengthens the breathing muscles.
- Regular visits are beneficial for the circulatory system.
- Innate swimming reflexes teach the babies to better control their movements.
Water therapy is not recommended on the same day as vaccinations.
Bring with You:
- Swimming diaper (can be bought at the center)
- 1 large towels (can be rented at the center)
- Change of shoes for Your comfort, if You wish
Duration: 30 minutes