Water therapy in a small pool is for babies from 3 months of age. The pool can accommodate up to 3 babies.
After a few months of swimming in the mini pool, it is recommended to continue in a slightly bigger pool where the baby has more room and freedom needed for further development. And most importantly, babies can learn together at their own pace. Every little wave creates a wonderful environment to develop body balance and coordination, which in turn contributes to the further capability to crawl, walk, and swim.
Benefits of water therapy:
- The floating sensation in warm water makes the baby calm
- The gentle pressure of water increases the strength of bones and joints
- Moving through the water is a positive influence on the digestive tract and blood circulation
- The small pressure of water on the chest strengthens the breathing muscles
- Regular visits are beneficial for the circulatory system
- Innate swimming reflexes teach the babies to better control their movements
Every visit begins with 10-30 minutes of swimming. Depending on the babies’ readiness and mood a swimming ring is used, and the instructor also helps the babies to swim.
After the water procedures we will teach the parent how to support the development of the child, encourage touching and petting the baby. We will demonstrate age-appropriate massage techniques based on the baby’s development stage, mood, and activity need.
Water therapy is not recommended on the same day as vaccinations.
Bring with You:
- Swimming diaper (can be bought at the center)
- 2 large towels, 1 for drying the baby, the second for activities and massage (can be rented at the center)
- Change of shoes for Your comfort, if You wish.
Duration: 60 minutes